PR Campaign Highlights
- Through Cutler’s launch campaign and ongoing PR efforts, Gett grew into one of the largest ride hailing apps in the U.S., with $620 million in funding, 5,000 corporate clients, an enormous user base, a household brand name, and a formidable competitor to Uber.
- Cutler spent several months prior to the launch strategizing with Gett’s CEO and other senior executives on the launch and go-to-market strategy, positioning, messaging and differentiation of Gett. The CEO trusted Cutler’s input to a degree that we recommended the name change to “Gett” from “GetTaxi.”
- Cutler secured dozens of pieces of media coverage in top publications and TV channels, including Wall Street Journal, Business Insider, am New York, TechCrunch, PandoDaily, Inc., Huffington Post, FOX and Bloomberg.
- Cutler created and coordinated an out-of-the-box partnership with Toys for Tots where Gett drivers picked up gifts for underprivileged children during the holidays resulting in amazing media coverage (including Time Out New York and Crain’s), and happy stakeholders across the board.
- Since the U.S. launch, Gett has secured $570 million in funding, including a $300 million investment from Volkswagen.
"When GetTaxi was ready to launch in the US, we evaluated many PR firms and chose Cutler PR to lead the launch of Gett. They worked with us on strategic messaging and planning for several months leading up to the launch and did a great job pitching the press and securing widespread coverage for the launch and for months afterwards. Cutler PR got us placements with the right strategic messaging in Wall Street Journal, Fox, Bloomberg, TechCrunch and many other leading outlets. They also got us on the radar of key industry influencers.”
- Shahar Waiser, Founder & CEO of Gett
Cutler PR Launches Gett in the United States, leading up to $300 million investment from Volkswagen
Gett is a ride-hailing app that was launched in the U.S. after cutting its teeth internationally. Already #1 in Europe, Gett is available in more than 100 cities worldwide including London, NYC and Moscow. Its technology enables consumers and businesses to instantly book on-demand rides. Using state-of-the-art technology and a stellar user experience, Gett is taking on-demand mobility to the next level with transparent “no-surge” pricing, enterprise-level solutions, and great customer service.
Cutler PR was tasked with launching Gett in the United States after the company’s successful market penetration in Europe and Asia. The team focused on reaching national and local consumer publications to make customers aware of the app and differentiate it from Uber and other competitors.
While Gett was well known in the Israeli, European and Russian markets, it was virtually unknown in the U.S. Additionally, by launching in the U.S., the company was jumping into a market dominated by Uber. Cutler had to find ways to differentiate Gett from Uber as well as other ride hailing apps like Lyft.
Cutler ran a consumer-facing launch campaign focusing on national consumer, business and tech outlets, as well as local NYC publications to raise awareness of Gett’s arrival in the U.S. and drive customers to try the service. Beyond the launch, Cutler worked to secure profiles for the CEO and brainstormed unique partnerships like Gett’s work with Toys for Tots, where Gett drivers picked up donations on behalf of the nonprofit.
Cutler helped established the Gett brand in the U.S. as a household name and serious competitor to Uber, helping lead the app to enormous numbers of users and over $600 million in funding.